Erasmus+ is the European Union's program for education, youth and sport.
Through Erasmus+ Key Action 1 "Mobility in Higher Education", mobility is mainly strengthened in Europe (in Program Countries), but to a lesser extent also in other parts of the world (in Partner Countries). The Erasmus+ program provides opportunities for members of higher education institutions to undertake international study visits, internships, as well as teaching and training stays.
General program information and an overview of what's new in the 2021-2027 generation of the Erasmus program can be found on the website of the german National Agency for Erasmus+ Higher Education Cooperation (at the German Academic Exchange Service, DAAD).
The Erasmus+ Program at Freie Universität Berlin
Freie Universität Berlin (Erasmus+ code: D BERLIN01) has participated in the Erasmus+ program since the first program generation. The Erasmus Charter for Higher Education 2021-2027 was awarded to Freie Universität Berlin by the European Commission. The Erasmus University Policy Statement of Freie Universität Berlin contains details about the general strategy (only available in German). The Erasmus+ Annual Report 2019 - 2022 provides an overview of the development of funding in the academic years 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 (only available in German).
- Erasmus+ Student Mobility Europe (SMS Outgoings)
- Erasmus+ Student Mobility Worldwide (SMS Outgoings)
- Erasmus+ Student Mobility to Freie Universität Berlin (SMS Incomings)
- Erasmus+ Internship Mobility Europe (SMP Outgoings)
- Erasmus+ Internship Mobility Worldwide (SMP Outgoings)
- Erasmus+ Internship Mobility to Freie Universität Berlin (SMP Incomings)
- Erasmus+ Studies in Europe (SMS Outgoings)
- Erasmus+ Studies worldwide (SMS Outgoings)
- Erasmus+ Studies at Freie Universität Berlin (SMS Incomings)
- Erasmus+ Doctoral Mobility for internships in Europe (SMP Outgoings)
- Erasmus+ Studies worldwide (SMP Outgoings)
- Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility in Europe and worldwide(STA outgoings)
- Erasmus+ teaching stay Europe and worldwide (STA outgoings)
- Erasmus+ teaching stay at Freie Universität (STA incomings)
- Erasmus+ training stay Europe and worldwide (STT outgoings)
- Erasmus+ training stay at Freie Universität (STT incomings)
To facilitate the work of the decentralized Erasmus+ coordinators, we provide here links and information on the most important workflows.
- Erasmus+ OS funds information and application
In case of complaints regarding the implementation of the Erasmus+ programme and Erasmus+ mobilities at Freie Universität Berlin, please contact the Erasmus+ University Coordinator for Europe Gesa Heym or for Erasmus+ worldwide Stefanie Ritter in order to find a solution, if necessary, involving other institutions of the university or partner universities.
Further cross-target group topics
New priority topics of the Erasmus+ programme generation 2021 - 2027 are sustainability, inclusion, and digitalization. Information on the implementation of a more sustainable, inclusive and digital program approach at Freie Universität Berlin can be found at:
Diversity & Inclusion
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.