The powerpoint presentation from the "Going Abroad with Erasmus+ & SEMP" information fair, which was held on the 28th of November 2018, can be accessed here.
Gathering experiences through Erasmus+
After the completing their first year of study, students have the opportunity of taking part in an Erasmus+ exchange semester at a European partner university in order to broaden their socio-cultural skills and improve job prospects. The exchange gives them insight into foreign academic systems as well as their respective teaching and learning methods
Completing one or two semesters abroad can be an asset for personal CVs and enhances your chances on the job market in Germany and Europe.
The Freie Universität Berlin has more than 300 partner universities in about 30 European countries which offer students the change to study abroad. All faculties, without exception, participate in the Erasmus+ program.
Erasmus students enjoy the following benefits:
- Exemption from tuition fees at the host university
- Financial support through a mobility grant for the duration of the study abroad
- Support in the preparation and organization of the stay by the home university as well as the host university abroad. This includes cultural, linguistic and organizational aid.
- Academic recognition of study achievement abroad through the Learning Agreement and the ECTS points system.
- Special grants for single-parents completing a semester abroad.
- Special grants for students with disabilities
The duties and rights of students taking part in the Erasmus+ program are embedded in the Erasmus Student Charter.
Further information about studying with Erasmus+
- Student Exchange Opportunities
- Submission of documents/ Mobility grant
- All documents ready for download
- Preparation for the stay abroad
- Recognition of study abroad achievements within the Erasmus+ program
An overview of application deadlines, required documents, responsible coordinators and the respective links to the Erasmus pages of the various institutes and departments can be found here.
Erasmus Team Outgoings/ Ms. Stefanie Erthner
Department of International Affairs
Student Mobility Unit
Student Service Center (SSC)
Iltisstr. 4 (Dahlem Dorf Subway Station)
Phone: +49 (0)30 838-73401
We do not offer personal consultation hours until presumably 20 April 2020. Nevertheless, you can contact us by email or telephone (Tuesday 9.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m. and 2 - 5 p.m., Thursday 2 - 5 p.m.).