Lucas Noura Guimaraes
Dr. Lucas Noura Guimaraes is a graduate of the Freie Universität with a PhD in law.
What special memories do you have from your time at Freie Universität?
An experience I will never forget occured during my first semester, where I had to attend classes and understood barely 30% of what was being explained in class. The remaining 70% I had to learn by myself, in the library. It was a hard time, but a time where I learned a lot about independence, resilience and time self-administration.
What is the most important thing you learned here?
To find within me all the tools I have to develop academic work.
What advice would you give your younger self today?
Do not feel threatened by the German bureaucracy. Ask as much as you need to feel comfortable about the rules and processes involved in the Promotionsverfahren, even if the information is available online.
If I could give my university a present for its 70th birthday…
...it would be a giant inflatable unicorn.