News vom 26.10.2017
PhD Scholarship: Berlin Mathematical School (BMS) – Get Your Math PhD in Berlin
The Berlin Mathematical School is the joint graduate school of the mathematics departments at the three major universities in Berlin: Freie Universität, Humboldt-Universität and Technische Universität.
We offer an excellent (post)graduate program taught in English in a broad and active research environment. This is complemented by our mentoring program, language courses, soft-skills seminars, travel support for summer schools and conferences, and special funding for students with children.
Our seven main teaching and research areas are:
* Differential geometry, global analysis and mathematical physics
* Algebraic and arithmetic geometry, number theory
* Probability, statistics and financial mathematics
* Discrete mathematics and combinatorial optimization
* Geometry, topology and visualization
* Numerical analysis and scientific computing
* Applied analysis and differential equations
The graduate program starts with three to four semesters of course work (Phase I) leading to a master's degree. This is followed by four to six semesters of thesis research (Phase II) leading to a doctoral degree at one of the three universities.
Students who will have completed their bachelor's degree by October 2018 can apply to Phase I; those who will have completed their master's degree by this date can apply to start directly in Phase II.
Complete information about applying to the BMS is available online:
Application deadline (scholarships available): 1 December 2017
Late application deadline (limited number of scholarships available): 1 April 2018
phone: +49 30 314-78651