Freie Universität Berlin cooperates with selected universities around the world. Therefore, the university offers the possibility for its students to take part in several exchange programmes. Studying abroad enables students to gain valuable professional and personal experiences, as well as new language skills.
For further information about exchange programmes, please contact the International Office at Freie Universität, where information and advice is provided about our various programs, the application deadlines, and the application requirements.
An initial overview of the possibility of a stay abroad during your studies is provided by the brochure Going Abroad and Back (in German).
Student Mobility Unit
Telephone: +49 (0)30 838-70000
Fax: +49 (0)30 838-73420
see: Student Services Center (SSC)
Furthermore, Freie Universität supports students who are interested in an international internship. The Career Service (in German) offers information on internships abroad as well as job offers in numerous countries. The PROMOS team can advise you on funding for internships outside Europe that are not otherwise funded by the DAAD (see below). The Office for International Student Mobility also provides advice on Erasmus+ internships in the other European countries.
DAAD Internship Funding
- Short-Term Funding for Internships Abroad
- "RISE weltweit" - Research Internships
- "Carlo-Schmid-Programme" - Internships in International Organisations
- Travel Allowances for Arranged Internships Abroad (e.g. IAESTE, AIESEC, ...)
- "Russland in der Praxis" - Internship Programme
- "Lehramt.International" - Internationalisation of Teacher Training