Calls for International Scholars
News vom 28.04.2022
- Gerda Henkel Stiftung: „Funding Programme Democracy“: New funding priority Democracy, divided into two areas with different perspectives: 1. democracy as utopia, experience and threat; 2. transformations of democracy? Or: Contours of the coming democratic society; Subjects: humanities and social sciences. Application: Research groups, post-doctoral researchers with university affiliation; duration: max. 36 months; type of funding: scholarships, material and travel funding. Deadline: May 02, 2022.
- Transnational Centre for Just Transitions in Energy, Climate and Sustainability, „TRAJECTS Junior Research Stays“, 3-4 month research and internship stays on the range of TRAJECTS topics; young researchers (minimum level: Master's students) and practitioners can apply for stays offered by host institutions with a specific profile (mainly in Colombia, South Africa, Germany - no funding for North-North mobilities); funding: travel and subsistence allowances. Deadline: May 02, 2022.
- Transnational Centre for Just Transitions in Energy, Climate and Sustainability: „TRAJECTS Senior Research Stays“, 4-6 month research stays on TRAJECTS topics; applicants can apply for stays with a specific profile offered by host institutions (especially in Colombia, South Africa, Germany - no funding for North-North mobility) or approach potential host institutions with their own proposals; funding: travel and subsistence allowances. Deadline: May 06, 2022.
Incl. special scholarships for refugees from Ukraine - Deadline: April 15 (May 02) 2022.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization: „TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme“; for young scientists from developing countries (except Pakistan) who would like to conduct postdoctoral research in the field of physical sciences in the departments and laboratories of the National Centre for Physics (NCP) in Islamabad. Deadline: May 31, 2022.
- Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung: „Capes-Humboldt Research Fellowship“; Research fellowship for Brazilian postdocs in cooperation with German university; all subjects; for postdocs: 6-24 months, 2600 EUR/month; for experienced researchers: 6-18 months, 3100 EUR/month. Deadline: May 31, 2022.
- Namibian Government and Federal Ministry of Education and Research: „Youth for Green Hydrogen Scholarship Programm“; for Namibian students starting a Master's programme in the field of Renewable Energy and Green Hydrogen and planning, e.g. a research stay at a university in Germany (up to six months). Deadline: June 08, 2022.
- Gerda Henkel Stiftung: „Funding Programme Forced Migration“; Internationally oriented, multi-perspective scientific projects on forced migration. Application: funding independent of location and nationality, no institutional affiliation necessary; funding period 1-24 months. Deadline: June 15, 2022.
- Gerda Henkel Stiftung: “Patrimonies“ to promote the preservation of historical cultural heritage, primarily in crisis regions; disciplines: history, archaeology and art history. Application: Scholars from the target countries, application development together with the foundation; Funding volume: N/A; Funding period: N/A. Deadline: three times a year, agreement with foundation.
- Volkswagen Stiftung: “Lichtenberg Endowed Professorships“, field: all disciplines. Application: Highly qualified scholars of all nationalities together with the target university in Germany; Funding volume: two million EUR. Deadline: Application at any time.
- Freie Universität Berlin, “Academics in Solidarity“; peer mentoring program connecting exiled researchers and established academics in Germany, Lebanon and Jordan; mentees and mentors of "Academics in Solidarity" can apply for small grants of up to 5000 EUR. Application for the mentoring program is possible at any time.
- Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin: "Individual Fellowships"; no thematic requirements, residency in Berlin, nomination or self-application. Deadline: Anytime
- Volkswagen-Stiftung: „Funding for Refugee Scholars and Scientists from Afghanistan“; all disciplines. Application: researchers in Germany who have been funded by the foundation and who wish to integrate refugee scholars from Afghanistan into their research context; prerequisites: applicant is/was funded by the foundation (within the last ten years) and is currently linked to a research institution in Germany; funding period: up to two years. Deadline: any time.