Call for Applications: Freie Universität Berlin offers 15 Postdoc Fellowships for 2017
Deadline for applications: March 15, 2017
News vom 24.01.2017
DAHLEM RESEARCH SCHOOL (DRS) is the strategic center for junior researchers and the Center for Research Strategy (CRS) promotes cutting-edge research at Freie Universität Berlin. Through the DAHLEM POSTDOC FELLOWSHIP Program, DRS and CRS provide funding for highly qualified postdoctoral fellows with at least six months of international research experience to conduct their own research within one of the university’s outstanding collaborative research projects. In addition, international research stays are supported in order to allow researchers to build up a full year of international research experience by the time they complete their DAHLEM POSTDOC FELLOWSHIP.
Fellows are given the opportunity to expand their academic profile by experiencing early independence combined with professional guidance. During their stay they are integrated into research groups and assigned a professor as scientific advisor.
As members of DAHLEM RESEARCH SCHOOL, Fellows benefit from a tailored qualification program and the opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills. Furthermore, DAHLEM POSTDOC Fellows are supported in obtaining funding for follow-up research projects at Freie Universität Berlin.
The call for positions in 2017 is subject to the confirmation of grant funding by the German Research Foundation.
Dahlem Research School offers
15 Postdoc Fellowships
Each research fellowship will be awarded for 14 months. Applicants must submit a project plan based on the research fields/ key topics of the participating host research projects of Freie Universität Berlin.
The call is open to experienced researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who
- hold a doctoral degree (the dissertation must already be submitted and proof of thismust be available by the application deadline)
- completed their doctoral degree no longer than four years prior to the deadline (thedate on the doctoral certificate applies)
- have at least six months international research experience, three months of whichmust be an uninterrupted stay.
Female postdoctoral researchers and returnees from phases of international mobility or after a career break e.g. due to family reasons are especially encouraged to apply.Deadline for applications: March 15, 2017
14 months, starting from November 1, 2017
- Employment contract at level TV-L FU E13 (which refers to the collective agreement for the public area of Berlin and translates into an annual net salary of approx. 25.600 to 33.400 Euro, depending on previous work experience and marital status)
- Social security and health insurance included
- An annual research allowance (3.600 Euro for office based/ 7.200 Euro for field-tripbased/ 10.800 Euro for lab based projects)
- Travel allowance for research stays of up to six months at an international research institution
- One-time reimbursement of travel costs when moving to Berlin
Fellows are selected in a four-step procedure:
1. Administrative eligibility check
2. International peer review
3. Structured interviews
4. Approval by the university’s Executive Board
Each phase must be passed successfully to proceed to the next.
To apply, please register with the DRS online application platform (on the DRS webpage), fill
out the online application form and upload all required documents. Incomplete applications
and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
For further application details please visit the DRS webpage.