PROMOS - Programm zur Mobilität von deutschen Studierenden und Doktoranden
PROMOS – Program for the mobility of undergraduate and postgraduate studentThe following regulations result from the spread of the coronavirus:
- You can find important information about the coronavirus in the Cornavirus FAQ.
- In the upcoming application procedure, the application period for the category direct exchange is 30.03.2020-03.05.2020. For all other categories the application period has been extended to 31.05.2020.
- In the upcoming application procedure, only grant agreements for stays abroad that begin after 20.07.2020 are possible. Only applicants who are already in the country of the project abroad can apply for projects that begin after 01.07.2020.
In case of travel warnings by the Federal Foreign Office, scholarships can not be issued.
During the current application period, scholarship awards can only be granted on the condition that the German Federal Foreign Office lifts the global travel warning that is currently in place. If travel warnings for certain countries stay in place, no scholarships can be granted for those countries.
- Since the scheduled language tests at the Language Centre have been canceled, and virtual tests are not yet available for all languages, changed regulations apply for the current PROMOS application period. Please click here for further information.
- No office hours will be held between 16.03.2020 and 20.04.2020, the Student Service Center will remain closed. Advice is provided via email and telephone.
- Information on questions regarding the recognition of shortened internships abroad can be found here.
- Due to the coronavirus no PROMOS information events will be offered in the summer semester 2020!
Due to the rapidly changing situation, this information will be continuously updated. Please inform yourself regularly.
Students and doctorate candidates the chance to finance a semester abroad that otherwise wouldn’t be covered by other scholarship programs such as DAAD or Erasmus+. In addition to grants awarded to individuals, PROMOS also finances group travels (such as study trips or travels for competitions). Our flyer offers useful insights and information about the program.
The scholarships are awarded by the Freie Universität Berlin and include a selection process. Applying to the program via the DAAD is not possible and there is no legal claim to the grant.
Please read through the following pages thoroughly. Further information about the program and the application process is summarized in this presentation.Attention: Please note that language testing (which is needed for a language certificate) often takes place before the application phase. More information about the FU Berlin’s Language Center and its language tests can be found here.
Further Information about the PROMOS Program
For further information do not hesitate to contact us:
Student Mobility Unit
Student Service Center
Tel: +49(0)30 838 64 806