The research funding service team (VI C) supports all the scientists and scholars at Freie Universität in all matters related to research funding. The team members provide targeted and specific information about current funding calls from third-party sources, as well as information about particular funding programs that could come into question for a particular person. In addition, they provide advice about procedures regarding the application for and administration of external funds. However, the unit’s monitoring and support activities involving the progress of these research projects go beyond purely budgetary and financial activities.
Upon request, drafts of project proposals and full proposals can be reviewed in terms of form, content, structural requirements, accuracy of the proposed budget, suitability of the project to the call, etc. Where necessary the members of the research funding service team prepare memoranda of understanding, co-financing commitments, etc. for the university administration.
The External Funding Administration (VI C-DMV) of Freie Universität Berlin represents the link between the providers of funds (funding agencies, donors) on the one side and the recipients of those funds on the other. Members of the team are available to assist researchers in all phases of the application process with regard to budgetary and financial issues.
- Freie Universität Berlin: Internal Research Funding
- Office of Research Committee
- Central Ethics Comittee
- Research Funding Organizations in Germany
- EU Research Funding
- Academic and Scientific Awards
- Information and Advertisements about Research Funding (Newsletter, Data Bases) (in German)
- Downloads: Application Forms, Leaflets, Documents, Bulletins (in German)
- FAQs (in German)
- Glossary (the glossary is currently being updated)