Application for the First Subject-Specific Semester in the University- internal Procedure / Studienkolleg
Prospective students holding a foreign university entrance qualification have to apply for the first semester in a study program within the university-internal admission procedure as well as for Studienkolleg via uni-assist for Freie Universität Berlin.
If you earned your university entrance qualification in a country other than Germany, you are already enrolled in a core subject at Freie Universität Berlin and would like to apply for one or more new module/s, please use the online application portal for applicants with German HZB for university-internal procedure.
Those applicants, who have turned 55 by the application deadline, can only be considered in the admission process if there are - regarding the personal situation - serious scientific or professional reasons for taking up studies.
- Please fill out the appropriate online application form carefully and do not forget to transmit it to uni-assist. (Freie Universität Berlin will only accept applications provided with the uni-assist online form!)
- Upload all required documents to the uni-assist application portal by the deadline.
- Applicants coming from China or Vietnam have to submit the original certification from an Academic Evaluation Centre (Akademische Prüfstelle (APS)) in addition to the required documents. Academic Evaluation Centres are service institutions of the Cultural Affairs Section of the German Embassies in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD). Academic Evaluation Centres are located in Peking and Hanoi.
- Please use following list to check carefully if your application is complete.
In order to check the formal requirements, uni-assist needs the following documents from all applicants:
|school leaving and university certificates||which are part of your university entrance qualification|
|official translations of all certificates if issued in any language other than English or German||issued by sworn translators only or by an institution being entitled to translations for official purposes|
|proof of sufficient knowledge of German||depending on the requested study course|
|earlier university degree or certificate with grade||applicants for a second course of study (Zweitstudienbewerber) - if you have already graduated in EU/EWR member state|
|The following documents are only required if you belong to the mentioned applicant groups:|
|written statement of serious scientific or professional reasons||if one has turned 55|
|written explanatory statement why a second degree is needed regarding all study subjects||if you are “Zweitstudienbewerber/in” (applicant for a second course of study)|
If you hold the German or an EU citizenship or if you hold the citizenship of Iceland, Liechtenstein, or Norway and want to make a special application (Sonderantrag), please submit the following documents in addition to the above mentioned:
- a completed special applications form
- officially certified copies of proofs/ attestations supporting the special application
- recent proof of squad-membership: current proof of squad-membership issued by the professional association (Fachverband) - if you a applicants belonging to an Olympiakader, Perspektivkader, Ergänzungskader, Nachwuchskader 1, Nachwuchskader 2 or Paralympicskader squad, built on federal level, belonging to a federal association of the DOSB and catered by an Olympic Traning Center (OSP) in Berlin or Brandenburg
If you are a minor at the time of the application deadline living in Berlin or Brandenburg with a person who has custody of you, you can apply within the online application for the quota for minors. In case of admission you have to submit for enrollment a registration certificate prooving the aforestated. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for the registration certificate immediately after submitting your application.
Incomplete applications will not be transferred to the Freie Universität by uni-assist!
Address for application documents (please use the online application form only)
Freie Universität Berlin
c/o uni-assist e.V.