The Research Alumni Program aims to encourage international research cooperation with former guest researchers of Freie Universität and the involvement of junior researchers in these projects and networks.
The program aims at the continued und intensified cooperation of Research Alumni and Freie Universität hosts after the completion of a research stay. To create sustainable networks, junior researchers from both sides are involved in the cooperation.
To reach these goals, the Research Alumni Program offers funding for:
- short-term research stays for Research Alumni at Freie Universität
- short-term research stays for junior researchers on both sides with the respective international partner
Research Alumni who are continuing their research abroad, are important stakeholders who may support Freie Universität's international networking efforts and the promotion of young researchers within these networks. They may
- serve as informal ambassadors of Freie Universität,
- establish international research collaborations with researchers from Freie Universität,
- host visiting researchers and junior researchers from Freie Universität at their home institutions,
- identify promising junior researchers from their teams for research projects at Freie Universität, and
- recruit promising junior researchers from Germany for research projects at their home institutions.