What prerequisites do I have to meet in order to participate in Welcome program?
- Residential status as a refugee with any of the following:Ankunftsnachweis / BÜMA, Aufenthaltsgestattung, Duldung, Subsidiär schutzberechtigt, Anerkannter Flüchtling, Asylberechtigt or Familiennachzug to someone with a refugee status.
- A direct or indirect Higher Education Entrance Qualification (HZB)
- Residence in Berlin or Brandenburg (Wohnanmeldung)
- Interest in applying for and completing a degree program at Freie Universität Berlin.
- If you want to apply to the German language classes, you need at least an A2 GER level certificate.
- If you want to apply to the preparatory courses, you will need at least a B1 GER level certificate.
Please note that we need a certificate that indicates a completed level/examination. Participation certificates in German language courses are not accepted.