German Language Classes
For the winter semester 2020/21, Freie Universität Berlin is again offering German courses for refugee students and prospective students who are interested in starting or continuing their studies at Freie Universität Berlin.
The date for the start of the course and other specific information about the German courses will be announced here shortly.
The university language course is aimed at refugee students and prospective students who have a sound knowledge of level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (GER). Depending on demand, the courses start in autumn at different levels from B1 to C1.
The university language course is designed to develop your speaking and writing skills within 6 modules (B1 to C1) through a targeted expansion of your vocabulary to a higher language level so that you can present and discuss information, ideas and opinions at an academic level. Particular emphasis is placed on the consistent application of self-correction. You will also develop effective reading and listening strategies and deepen and consolidate your knowledge of grammatical structures.
Certificate of performance
We expect a committed and consistent interest in language acquisition. You can demonstrate this by attending the course regularly, working constructively and productively, and coming to class prepared. Active participation, a presentation, an essay and a final examination are provided as graded examination achievements.
- Start: September 7, 2020
- End: June 16, 2021
- 6 modules, B1 to C1
- 4 days per week from monday to thursday
- teaching time: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Classes are held at the Lankwitz campus of Freie Universität Berlin (Malteserstr. 74-100 in 12249 Berlin, House L)
- The application period starts on July 6, 2020 until July 31, 2020 via the uni-assist e.V.
- If you repeat the German course, please write an email to email@example.com. You then do not have to apply again.