German Language Classes
Freie Universität is offering German courses for refugees who wish to continue their studies.The objective is to pave the way for these students to enter a regular degree program. New German courses of different levels from minimum B1 will start in on August 26, 2019.
German language skills are important for candidates who wish to start or continue a course of study in Germany. Candidates need language skills on A2-level at least.
German courses for prospective students start in autumn.
The courses are designed to systematically develop your skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing as well to solidify your knowledge of grammatical structures in 36 weeks. It is expected that the participants will have attained at least the A2 level to attend the B1 courses and finish with C1 that will be certified by an exam at the end of the course.
Certificate of performance
We expect a committed and consistent interest in language acquisition. This will be proved by being regularly present in the course, constructively and productively co-operating and prepared to come into the classroom. The success of the course is assessed by means of various examinations and a final grading (eg presentation, essay, intermediate examination, final examination).
- Duration: August 26, 2019 to June 2020
- 6 modules, 6 weeks for each module (total 36 weeks).150 contact hours per module.
- 4 days per week from monday to thursday (25 hours per week à 45 min)
- teaching time: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ( 6,25 hours daily)
- Classes are held at the Lankwitz campus of Freie Universität Berlin (Malteserstr. 74-100 in 12249 Berlin, House L)
The application period starts on June 5, 2019 until June 30, 2019 via the online application form.