German Language Classes
Starting in September Freie Universität Berlin will offer three German courses language courses (GER level A1, A2, B1) for displaced persons and refugees from all countries who had to interrupt their studies / or could not start their studies in their home country through its Welcome@FUBerlin program. This also includes Ukrainian nationals and international students from Ukraine who have fled the war. Courses are held in presence and are only open to candidates currently living in Berlin / Brandenburg.
The date for registration has passed. We cannot accept any new registrations at the moment.
Please note that we have limited places available in our courses. Participation will therefore be determined on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Please register until 5th of August 2022. Only complete applications will be considered.
After you submit your online application, please make sure to send us the following documents as PDF-files via email to email@example.com:
1. If you are a Ukrainian national: Your proof of identity (passport copy or ID copy) OR
2. If you are an international citizen residing legally in Ukraine: A proof of identity AND your residency permit in Ukraine OR
3. If you are a refugee from any other country, please send us a proof of your status in Germany (Ankunftsnachweis AKN, Aufenthaltsgestattung, Aufenthaltstitel, Subsidiärer Schutz, Duldung, …) AND a copy of your passport.
4. If you have completed a German course, please send us your certificate.
5. If you have your certificates of education (secondary school leaving certificates, university certificates) please send them as well.
Please note that without the documents mentioned above under points 1, 2 and 3 your application will be incomplete.
The university language course is aimed at current and prospective refugee students who intend to continue their studies at a University / Hochschule in Berlin. Depending on demand, the courses start in autumn at different levels from A1 to B1.
The university language course is designed to develop your speaking and writing skills through a targeted expansion of your vocabulary to a higher language level so that you can present and discuss information, ideas and opinions at an academic level. Particular emphasis is placed on the consistent application of self-correction. You will also develop effective reading and listening strategies and deepen and consolidate your knowledge of grammatical structures.
Certificate of performance
We expect a committed and consistent interest in language acquisition. You can demonstrate this by attending the course regularly, working constructively and productively, and coming to class prepared. Active participation, a presentation, an essay and a final examination are provided as graded examination achievements.
- Start: September 2022, expected end date in June 2023
- 4 days per week from Monday to Thursday
- Classes: From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Classes are held at the Lankwitz campus of Freie Universität Berlin (Malteserstr. 74-100 in 12249 Berlin, House L)
- The courses are expected to take place in the classrooms at the Lankwitz campus. Accepted applicants will be informed in time if the classes will take place online due to covid-19 regulations.