German Language Classes
For the winter semester 2021/22, Freie Universität Berlin is again offering German courses for current or prospective refugee students who are interested in starting or continuing their studies at Freie Universität Berlin.
The date for the start of the course and other specific information about the German courses will be announced here shortly.
The university language course is aimed at current and prospective refugee students who have a sound knowledge of level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (GER). Depending on demand, the courses start in autumn at different levels from B1 to C1.
The university language course is designed to develop your speaking and writing skills within 6 modules (B1 to C1) through a targeted expansion of your vocabulary to a higher language level so that you can present and discuss information, ideas and opinions at an academic level. Particular emphasis is placed on the consistent application of self-correction. You will also develop effective reading and listening strategies and deepen and consolidate your knowledge of grammatical structures.
Certificate of performance
We expect a committed and consistent interest in language acquisition. You can demonstrate this by attending the course regularly, working constructively and productively, and coming to class prepared. Active participation, a presentation, an essay and a final examination are provided as graded examination achievements.
- Expected to start late August 2021
- Expected to end in June 2022
- 6 modules, B1 to C1
- 4 days per week from Monday to Thursday
- Classes: From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Classes are held at the Lankwitz campus of Freie Universität Berlin (Malteserstr. 74-100 in 12249 Berlin, House L)
- The courses are expected to take place in the classrooms at the Lankwitz campus. Accepted applicants will be informed in time if the classes will take place online due to covid-19 regulations.
- The application period for the winter semester 21/22 starts on April 30, 2021 and ends on June 30, 2021 via uni-assist e.V.
- If you repeat the German course, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You then do not have to apply again.