Publishing for Career Progress
Academic publishing is changing: a growing number of institutions supports open access to research publications and data, social networks and blogs are becoming an important part of scientific and scholarly communication, new needs for funding and support arise. This workshop aims at discussing the pros and cons of these changes, presents the core elements of open access publishing and offers a space to discuss the questions of the participants.
- New modes of academic communication: open access journals, repositories and academic social networks
- Showcase benefits of open access for dissemination of research results
- Discuss doubts, reservations and barriers
- Overview of services at Freie Universität Berlin
- Funding options for open access publishing
Postdocs of Freie Universität Berlin
Christina Riesenweber, Agnieszka Wenninger
Time & Location
Jun 28, 2017 | 10:00 AM s.t. - 01:00 PM
CeDiS Training Room 068, Garystr. 39 (University Library; in the basement)
To register for the workshop please go to the CeDiS website.