Example Internship Placements
The two owners founded the firm in 1999 with the aim of utilizing programmatic concept relating living and working. They take on an extended responsibility as urban developers, building owners and designers. The founders argue that there are still opportunities to help shape the city, to enable inner-city living, working and living for all.
Housing construction from the conceptual design phase. Coordinated planning phases to the structural implementation: visualizations, sketches, floor plans, model construction, detailed planning, layout, site research, input, feasibility studies, interior studies, concept studies, project development, support for guided tours, documentation
The company operates innovative business parks throughout Germany, reusing brownfield sites to create a lively mix of solutions especially designed for recently established, small and medium-sized companies.
It provides modular offices, warehouses, workshops and factory space on flexible, commission-free leases starting at just one month. Alongside this core business, the business parks offer such facilities as conference rooms and virtual offices.
The finance department is responsible for everything from accounts payable and receivable to tax, accounting, financial control and business planning. The department is currently 40 people who all work out of our office in central Berlin. English is the business language.
- Creating and Updating Business Plans for the asset portfolio on an individual regional and national basis top-down and bottom-up.
- Updating of the progress against business plans on a regular basis.
- Compiling Post-Investment Analyses showing the return generated by each asset and presenting it in a book form to banks and the senior management.
- Responsible for coordinating the country wide property site visits by the CFO every year and ensuring a seamless flow of information as well as documenting and tracking progress of key take-aways.
- Active member of the half year and year end reporting team responsible for drafting relevant sections of shareholder reporting material.
- Team Leader of two Capex Controllers responsible for capex investment controlling and reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Support of the yield management team in the preparation and follow-up of the P&L meetings (final responsibility for preparation and follow-up lies by the yield management team).
- Creating, optimizing, and automating various reporting tools across the entire organisation.
The company consists of economists, political scientists, communication experts. They advise on digitalization, sustainability, and urbanization.
Industries for consulting:
- mobility, transport and logistics
- energy & renewables
- public sector & social impact
- culture & media
- education & training
The IAA Conference. The official conference of the International Motor Show (IAA) on mobility of the future takes place in Frankfurt in September. Over 150 international experts from various industries and subject areas (automotive, IT, cities, science and research, etc.) will present their knowledge and views on the development of mobility over three days.
- Support in creating various information materials for the speakers.
- Consultation, coordination and communication with the international/English speaking speakers.
- Support of the conference team with new tasks, where especially their English and communication skills are needed.
New Business. Related projects will focus on cooperation with other associations and public institutions. Here we attach great importance to projects that promote interpersonal and cultural understanding on the one hand and consider topics such as sustainability in the world of mobility on the other.
- Support in communication and supervision of a manageable project with the Goethe Institut
- Creation of texts, posts for the channel*s social media, newsletter, website
- Support in the organization of a theme evening
We are a German private, independent graduate school located in the heart of Berlin with the right to a doctorate. Half of our students come from abroad and the working language is English.
Most of our students have a background in political science and international relations, law, economics, and have a Master of Public Policy or Master of International Affairs.
Interns do not have to speak German, although it would be a nice add-on.
- Assist students with general inquiries (residenc permit, visa, health insurance, bank accounts, bureaucracy, housing, etc.) & contact external service providers
- Prepare documents and confirmations for health insurance, visa, residence permit etc.
- Collect, process, & deliver documents for city registration, residence permit applications in cooperation with the Foreigners Office & Bürgeramt
- Update information on Moodle, in the Pre-Arrival Handbook & website
- Respond to email requests from potential, current & past students
- Provide pre-arrival assistance to newly admitted students
- Organization of on-site German courses
- Organization & support of orientation week and all student related non-academic events
- Connect incoming and current students through the Buddy System
- Overview, preparation of application documents and administration of third party funding (Promos, Stibet, Erasmus)
- Preparation of the selection committees for in-house stipend awards
- Respond to email requests from potential, current & past students
Our company, founded in 2016, is a completely digital forwarding agency with offices in Berlin (head office), Hamburg, Cologne and Hong Kong. We want to offer our global customers the best possible forwarding services. To achieve this, we use state-of-the-art technologies that enable smooth processes and service quality that is unmatched in the industry. Our goal is to provide a central platform that serves as an interface for the entire process from requesting quotes, booking, document management, worldwide real-time tracking of freight to proactive troubleshooting and supply chain data analysis.
Our Berlin office currently has 120 employees working on approx. 1000 sqm of office space. We are a young, dynamic and very international team, speaking mainly English.
Introduction and support with:
- Daily cash flow plan
- Improvement of manual invoicing process
- Documentation and Process Mapping of financial and Accounting processes
- Improvement of Customs Invoicing Processes
We are based in Berlin and Miami with many years of experience in building companies in different markets. For financing these companies’ growth, we use either our own existing cash flows or partner with leading international venture capital firms.
We work with “our” start-ups as strategic angel investors or if needed even as co-founders, who actively engage in the operations. We give advice on the operational level, but also the strategic long-term prospective. We offer access to our network for recruitment, fundraising, industry experts, and external software development.
- support of all social media channels (youtube, FB, Instagram)
- contact and negotiations with influencers
- creation of content for the homepage
- CRM marketing (newsletter)
- preparation of reports and analyses for management
The host company is an online marketing agency with a focus on the sports, entertainment and media industries. Their clients are sports teams and organizations as well as major brands in the USA and Europe. The office in Germany serves many soccer teams in the German Bundesliga (Werder Bremen, Eintracht Frankfurt etc.).
They offer to clients a complete package of online marketing services such as paid search with Google Ads and Bing as well as Facebook and Instagram, and also Search Engine Optimization services.
The headquarters are in New York City, and they have offices in Berlin, London and Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
- Creation of Offers
- Presentations for Clients
- Campaign evaluations
- Market research
- Competitors’ analysis
- Assistance in creating Google Ads and Facebook/Instagram campaigns
- Online PR
- Social Media postings
- Client researchs
Nonprofit organization located in Berlin; involved in social service and community assistance. One of the largest social institutions in the city with 2,800 employees and 1,000 volunteers. Runs programs in nursing homes, day care centers, mental illness and disabilities services. This particular internship placement takes place at a refugee shelter with an emphasis on childcare.
- Taking care of children
- Planning activities
- Building trust and familiarity
- Participating in activities (crafts, drawing, painting, holding discussions, etc.)
- Organizing and participating in field trips (movie theater screenings of children's movies, visiting community children's clubs or Christian community centers etc.)
- Several office tasks (translating documents, attending staff meetings, taking care of the local office etc.)
- Taking care of bureaucratic errands (helping to complete forms, collecting signatures for waivers etc.)
- Supervising an independent project with the children
Please note that internship placements are not limited to the positions mentioned above. These companies and positions are only exemplary and a potential placement with them is subject to availability.