Please note: For participation in the Fall semester, the application deadline is April 1 (day of receipt); for participation in the Spring semester, the application deadline is November 1 (day of receipt).
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we kindly ask you to pay attention to the following links that provide you amongst other things with important information on our adjusted, special refund policies:
Key aspects of the application process:
- Select a semester by checking the semester schedules.
- Download the General Terms and Conditions of Business (AGB) and read them carefully before applying.
- Download the FU-BEST Application Form. Please read all instructions closely.
- Note the application and payment deadlines contained in the General Terms and Conditions of Business (AGB).
- Remember that incomplete applications cannot be considered. All documents must be signed where indicated. If submitted via regular mail, all pages must be printed single-sided.
- Read the information about the mandatory German insurance package which includes international health insurance.
- If you are not a citizen of an EU member country, the USA, or Canada, you will almost certainly need a visa to enter Germany and participate in the FU-BEST program. It is your personal responsibility to obtain such a visa in the country where you are currently studying. For more information, please read through our Visa Information for International Students (pdf).