Applicants to the FU-BEST program should
- be at least 18 years old
- have reached the equivalent of second-semester sophomore status or beyond at 4-year universities and colleges, and be in the process of completing their B.A./B.S. degree
- have a very good command of English in order to complete a rigorous academic program in that language (non-native speakers should plan to submit English test scores along with their application. For TOEFL, the score should be minimally 100. For IELTS, the overall score must be at least 6.5 and the scores on individual parts must be no lower than 6.0.)
- be committed to participation in our intensive German language component (all levels offered, no prior knowledge of German required)
- and have a GPA of at least 3.0 (students whose GPA is below 3.0 are welcome to apply, but cannot be guaranteed admission to the program until their overall qualifications are more closely reviewed)
- have German language abilities on the C1 or C2 level (Advanced 1 or 2) if they choose the GermanPLUS+ package.
The FU-BEST program operates within logistical enrollment limitations. Admission is basically granted on a rolling basis, whereby formal program partner institutions receive additional preferential consideration. Students whose applications are submitted after a maximum feasible enrollment has been reached (although perhaps still prior to the regular deadline) are placed on a waiting list.
Keep in mind that course enrollment is carried out on a first-come-first-served basis. As a result, a) applying early is always a good idea and b) you may not get every course you select as your top choice(s).