Newsletter 2/2018 l Freie Universität Berlin Cairo Office
Sep 11, 2018
- BMS Call for Dirichlet Postdoc Fellowship
- DAAD Funding line relaunched: German-Egyptian-Progress-Partnership
- PhD opportunities at the Dahlem Research School of the FU Berlin
- Graduate School of East Asian Studies
- Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies
- Berlin Mathematical School
- Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies
- Graduate School of North American Studies
- FUBiS: Registration for term I 2019 is open!
News & Events
- Freie Universität Berlin promotes Medical Anthropology in the region
- Outstanding Research in Berlin
- 10 years of PASCH being celebrated in Egypt!
- Impressions from the German Science Day 2018
- Honoring Prof. Gabriel Brandstetter at the CIFCET in Cairo!
- COSIMENA Summer School in collaboration with Freie Universität Berlin
- FU Berlin at the 12th Study Information Day for German schools in Egypt!
- FU Berlin at the AUC Graduate Study Fair 2018
- Learning Arabic in Cairo while experiencing Egypt!
Two-year position starting in the fall 2019. Application period runs from 1 November 2018 to 1 December 2018.
Programme Line 1: University partnerships
Programme Line 2: Short-term measures
Doctoral Grants and Doctoral Memberships with NO DEADLINE for Applications at Graduate Schools of the Freie Universität Berlin #FUBerlinCairoSupports
Up to 10 PhD fellows. Doctoral Grants starting October 1, 2019. Deadline: December 2, 2018
Two Scholarships for Doctoral Studies in „Languages and Cultures of the Silk Road“ & Two Scholarships for Doctoral Studies in „Ancient Philosophy and History of Ancient Science“
Get Your Math PhD in Berlin with a Bachelor’s degree or a Master's degree or equivalent. Scholarships are available.
Call for applications for grants and places in BGSMCS doctoral programme. Deadline: 5 November, 2018
Doctoral Grants (3-year funding period) and Doctoral Memberships for the Academic Year 2019/20. Deadline: Nov 30, 2018.
FUBiS - International Summer and Winter University of the Freie Universität Berlin - offers intensive and semi-intensive German language classes in summer and winter.
News & Events
A 2 day workshop on medical anthropology organized by the DAAD COSIMENA Program with the support of Freie Universität Berlin
Seven Clusters of Excellence approved in the Excellence Strategy of the German federal and state governments
An Egyptian-German Education conference to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the PASCH Inititiative in Egypt!
7th German Science Day for Outstanding Egyptian Doctoral and Postdoctoral Candidates
Prof. Dr. Gabriel Brandstetter of Freie Universität Berlin has been honoured among 7 other key figures of the international theatre scene at the Cairo International Festival for Contemporary and Experimental Theatre
Freie Universität Berlin collaborated this year with the DAAD Egypt COSIMENA Program to organize the summer school, titled “Modelling Climate Change from a Multidisciplinary Perspective: How can we achieve climate resilience, sustainable mobility, and tourism in the MENA region?”
Freie Universität Berlin successfully participated in the 12th edition of the Study information Day that was organized by the DAAD Cairo Office at the German School in Dokki
Representatives of the FU Berlin were at the Graduate Study Fair on 29 September 2018
A group of FU Berlin students were able to experience the Egyptian culture and life while intensifying their Arabic language skills.