Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Frequently Asked Questions

Grants, scholarships, and fellowships from Freie Universität Berlin, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), or the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are fundamentally tax-free, but responsibility for tax matters always rests with the recipient. For visiting scholars and scientists or postdocs who are employed by Freie Universität, the usual tax rates and provisions apply.

The Accommodation Service of Freie Universität helps visiting scholars and scientists look for suitable lodgings and lists a number of websites for finding accommodations.

The residence permit must be applied for on time before your visa expires. Please feel free to contact Mr. Zoltan Juhasz at the Passport Service of Freie Universität. 

You can find all of the information you need regarding the required documents under “During your stay.”