Mon through Fri 09:00–20:00
Garystr. 39, 14195 Berlin
(030) 838-522 65
- Library cards are issued to external users and guests including the initial password for login to the library portal Primo, the Digital Library and computers in the Freie Universität Berlin libraries.
- Replacement library cards are issued.
- Reports of loss concerning student cards and library cards are registered and cards blocked in order to prevent unauthorized use.
- Changes of address are registered. (FU students can change addresses themselves in their user acounts; a link to the student administration site is provided in that context.)
- New passwords are issued (on presentation of Personalausweis or Passport, in case a password has been forgotten).
- Items retrieved from the stacks are handed out (see: Circulation).
- Books retrieved by users from the open stacks are checked out (see: Circulation)
- Interlibrary loans are checked out, unless the loan is restricted to the Reading Room (see.: Circulation)
- Books are taken back. (Outside the Circulation Desk hours, items can be returned through the book drops next to the University Library's main entrance, Garystr. 39. Items returned through the book drop will be checked in on the next opening day.)
- Charge of over-due fines (see: Fees).
- Charge of interlibrary-loan fees (see: Fees)
- Exclusion of users form library services and readmittance.
- Management of cases of loss or damage of items.