Discussion: Debating the Future Academic Travel and the Climate Crisis
The German Rectors’ Conference and the Freie Universität Berlin kindly invite you to the second event in the series “Watersheds of Internationalization? FUB Lunch-time Debates on the Future of Higher Education Internationalization”.
News from Dec 03, 2020
Taking place via WebEx on December 10, 2020 from 12:30 – 13:30, the second debate of the series will focus on the options to combine academic travel with sustainability. Is it possible to study abroad and follow the sustainable goals of HEI? How can we build international networks and still reduce the universities’ carbon footprint?
In 60 minutes the speakers will present their different and diverging visions on the combination of academic travel with the HEI’s approach of a more sustainable future leaving room for a critical discussion with the audience.
- Dr. Susann Görlinger, Project Lead Mobility Platform ETH Zurich
- Dr. Richard Axelby, Programme Manager for the Global Research Network on Parliaments and People, SOAS London
- Dr. Esther Dusabe-Richards, Postdoctoral Research Fellow on Praxis: Arts and Humanities for Global Development, University of Leeds
- Dr. Astrid Eichhorn, Associate Professor of Theoretical Physics, University of Southern Denmark / University of Heidelberg; Speaker for the Work Group “Sustainability” at Junge Akademie
- Prof. Dr. Verena Blechinger-Talcott, Vice-President International & Sustainability, Freie Universität Berlin
Please find further information and the registration form for the online event here.