Postgraduate Master of European Studies: Call for Applications 2018/2019
The one-year program is accepting applications until August 12, 2018.
News from Jun 15, 2018
The postgraduate Master of European Studies is a one-year full time/two-year part time MA program that equips a class of approximately 25 students with an in-depth, interdisciplinary knowledge about the European Union. In a unique cooperation, Freie Universität Berlin and Technische Universität Berlin have jointly offered the program since 1998.
The curriculum is geared towards students interested in developing EU-related expertise for subsequent employment in public administration, non-governmental organizations or business.
On-the-job experience and networking are integral elements of the program. Located at the Campus Lankwitz of Freie Universität Berlin, the programme offers students an ideal working environment.
Contents and Focal Points:
- The European Union: legal, economic, and political community
- Field trip to the EU institutions in Brussels and Luxemburg
- Internship of a minimum of two months, in public administration, non-governmental organizations or business (e.g. with ministries, EU institutions, embassies, think tanks, foundations, trade associations, major consultancies and corporations)
Language of Instruction: English
- Above-average university degree (BA)
- Very good command of English (C1)
- Work experience after completion of first academic qualification (including internships)
Duration: Two semesters / one year (full-time) or four semesters / two years (part-time)
Fees: 4500,- Euro/ semester (full-time), excl. registration fees 2500,- Euro/ semester (part-time), excl. registration fees
Degree: Master of European Studies (M.E.S.)
Start: Winter Semester (October 1, 2018)