In addition to intra-university networking, the Dahlem Humanities Center maintains cooperative relationships with the following facilities and institutions, each of which has individually tailored forms of cooperation as its object: joint research projects, joint public events, cooperation in the areas of promotion of young scholars, exchange with regard to teaching and personnel, joint use of infrastructure, etc.
Particularly frequent collaborations exist with the Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin, Suhrkamp Verlag, and the Initiative Geisteswissenschaften of the University of Zurich (UZH). At least once a year, Fellows of the Wissenschaftskolleg lecture at a Dahlem Humanities Center Lecture at Freie Universität Berlin. Every two years, the Siegfried Unseld Vorlesung takes place at the DHC, presenting authors from Suhrkamp Verlag. As part of their academic cooperation, the University of Zurich and the Freie Universität Berlin have created the lecture and video clip series Re:Now, in which humanities scholars from Berlin and Zurich jointly organize video talks to shed light on current social issues and problems from a humanities perspective.
- American Academy
- Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- Centre Marc Bloch (CMB)
- Deutsches Archäologisches Institut (DAI)
- Einstein Forum, Potsdam
- Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology (Leipzig)
- Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (MPIWG)
- Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin (WIKO)
- Wissenschaftszentrum zu Berlin für Sozialforschung (WZB)
- Zentrum für Literaturforschung (ZFL)
- Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO)
Museums, Cultural Institutions, and Foundations
- Deutsche Oper
- Deutsches Theater (DT)
- Haus der Kulturen der Welt (HKW)
- Hebbel am Ufer (HAU)
- Jewish Museum
- Kino Arsenal / Freunde der Deutschen Kinemathek e.V.
- Komische Oper
- Staatsoper Unter den Linden
- Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz (SPK)
- Volksbühne am Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz