Day of Counseling in Honor of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
On November 25, 2019, counseling contact points across Freie Universität Berlin are offering consultations in German and other languages
№ 358/2019 from Nov 21, 2019
In honor of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women on November 25, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., numerous support offices and counseling points at Freie Universität Berlin will open their doors for confidential consultations. Consultation sessions are available in German, English, and other languages such as French, Spanish, and Croatian. Many offices across the university are participating, including the offices of the chief gender equality officer of Freie Universität and the gender equality officers in the various academic departments, the representative for individuals with severe disabilities, the staff council, and the social counseling office. A task force at Freie Universität Berlin dedicated to preventing sexualized harassment, discrimination, and violence was responsible for organizing the day of counseling.
All counselors are bound by professional secrecy. Advance appointments are not required. The University Sports Center at Freie Universität Berlin is also offering a workshop for female students and employees on self-assertion and self-defense. The workshop is in German, and advance registration is required: https://www.buchsys.de/fu-berlin/angebote/aktueller_zeitraum/_Selbstbehauptung_Selbstverteidigung__Frauen_.html (workshop location and time: Freie Universität Sports Room, Fabeckstraße 34-36, 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.).
The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is the annual day of remembrance and political action worldwide to end discrimination and all forms of violence against women and children.
Counseling Contact Points:
- Chief Gender Equality Officer (deputy): Wendy Stollberg, Room 104, Goßlerstraße 2-4, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., German, English
- Gender Equality Officer for Biology, Chemistry, and Pharmacy: Christine Eßmann-Stern, Room 16.19, Takustraße 3, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., German, English
- Gender Equality Officers for Earth Sciences: Carolin Rabethge, Anna Giribaldi, Room A 008, Lankwitz Campus, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., German, English
- Gender Equality Officer for History and Cultural Studies: Ellinor Trenczek, Room -1.1115 (lower level), Fabeckstraße 23, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., German, English
- Gender Equality Officer for the University Sports Center: Maren Schulze, Königin-Luise-Straße 47, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m., German, English
- Gender Equality Officer for the Margherita von Brentano Center: Dr. Heike Pantelmann, Room JK 25/311, Habelschwerdter Allee 45, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., German, English, French, online chat consultation also available (please schedule an appointment be email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +49 30 838-53044)
- Gender Equality Officers for Philosophy and Humanities: Julia Kranhold, Viola Schmitt, Room JK 29/140, Habelschwerdter Allee 45, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., German, English, French
- Gender Equality Officer for Physics: Dr. Beate Schattat, Room 0.2.22, Arnimallee 14, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., German, English
- Gender Equality Officer for the Center for Academic Advising and Psychological Counseling: Brigitte Reysen-Kostudis, SSC Building, Iltisstraße 4, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., German, English
- Gender Equality Officer for Business and Economics: Anja Brüggemann, Room 127 (ground floor), Garystraße 21, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., German, English
- Members of the Dahlem Staff Council: Room 28, Rudeloffweg 25-27, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., German
- Representative for Individuals with Severe Disabilities: André Lefeber, Room 015, Rudeloffweg 25/27, 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., German
- Social Counseling: Gordana Gusić, Room 006, Fabeckstraße 7, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., German, English, Croatian
- Contact Person for Social Counseling: Viola Auermann, Room 103, Fabeckstraße 7, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., German, English, Spanish
- Contact Person for Social Counseling: Gisela Rossa-Dubray, Room 103, Fabeckstraße 7, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., German, English, French
- Counselors are also available on other days as well. To request a consultation, please contact email@example.com.
Task Force on Sexualized Harassment, Discrimination, and Violence, Freie Universität Berlin, Goßlerstraße 2-4, 14195 Berlin, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.fu-berlin.de/en/sites/nein-heisst-nein/25_11/index.html