Internationalization of Research
Freie Universität Berlin actively promotes international joint research projects based on its conviction that it takes teamwork to critically reflect on one’s own goals, improve academic standards, and attract greater attention to research in specific fields, while also enhancing and sustaining a high level of recognition for one’s work. All of these aspects are strengthened both through partnerships with international institutions relevant to the specific project, and through supporting the international networks of individual researchers.
Freie Universität Berlin promotes this kind of international collaborative work by:
- Supporting international (guest) researchers at Freie Universität Berlin
- Awarding funding for international projects
- Encouraging research stays abroad
- Supporting internationalization among junior researchers
- Maintaining and further developing a worldwide network of liaison offices, partner universities and university alliances, that can be of use for research collaborations