São Paulo Office
Founded in October 2010, the São Paulo Office seeks to increase academic and scientific cooperation between Freie Universität and universities and research centers in Brazil and South America. It is located at the German House for Research and Innovation (DWIH) in São Paulo.
The primary concern of the São Paulo Office is to attract promising talents from the region for a study or research stay in Berlin, to facilitate scholarly cooperation, and to identify suitable instruments for cooperation in student exchange.
The São Paulo Office of Freie Universität Berlin aims to
- increase inbound and outbound mobility among students and researchers
- increase the visibility of Freie Universität in Brazil and the region, highlighting its outstanding research in many fields including studies of Latin America
- inform students and scholars from the region about possibilities of funding from German and European institutions
- identify suitable partners for cooperation in Brazil and South America
- promote and facilitate new research cooperation through joint degrees
- contribute to sustained academic exchange through alumni seminars and lectures