New Delhi Office
The New Delhi Office of Freie Universität Berlin works to facilitate and develop cooperation between Berlin and partners in India, South Asia and South East Asia. It is located at the German House of Research and Innovation (DWIH) New Delhi, together with several other German higher education and research institutions as well as funding organizations.
The New Delhi Office seeks to advise and inform students, doctoral candidates, as well as junior and senior scholars from India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan and South East Asia, who are interested in the excellent teaching and research opportunities at Freie Universität Berlin. Furthermore, it supports members of Freie Universität Berlin in the development and implementation of projects and international schemes in the region.
The liaison office has the following goals:
- increase the visibility of Freie Universität Berlin in India, South Asia and South East Asia and highlight its excellent academic profile
- be a point of contact for members of Freie Universität Berlin and its regional partners and offer them a forum in New Delhi
- create and maintain international synergies through events and establish contact between partners for academic cooperation
- support structured and sustainable exchange with alumni and partners in India and South Asia as well as the acquisition of funding opportunities
- advise interested PhD students, researchers and teachers in higher education about study and research opportunities at Freie Universität Berlin
- strengthen the academic physical and digital mobility between Freie Universität Berlin and the region and support joint research projects