Academic Advisory Circle in Berlin
In Berlin an advisory circle of professors from both Freie Universität and Humboldt-Universität is active to provide continuous support for the ZDS. They discuss scholarly issues, develop new (research) perspectives, etc. Furthermore, members of the advisory circle engage in mentoring ZDS master's students in Berlin. Besides the coordinating professors, at each university ca. five professors from different disciplines are part of the advisory circle.
At Freie Universität they are, besides the coordinating professor Ms. Prof. Dr. Almut Hille (German language and literature):
- Mr. Prof. Dr. Arnd Bauerkämper (history)
- Ms. Prof. Dr. Verena Blechinger-Talcott (japanology, vice president for international affairs of Freie Universität)
- Mr. Prof. Dr. Jürgen Gerhards (sociology)
- Mr. Prof. Dr. Philip Kunig (law)
- Ms. Prof. Dr. Almut-Barbara Renger (religious studies)
- Mr. Prof. Dr. Horst Simon (German language and literature)
- Mr. Prof. Dr. Christoph Wulf (education/anthropology).
At Humboldt-Universität they are, besides the coordination professor Mr. Prof. Dr. Martin Heger (law):