Springe direkt zu Inhalt


There is no possibility to apply for courses directly at the Studienkolleg!

If you want to apply for preparatory courses for future studies at The Freie Universität Berlin (FU), the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU) or the Charité, initially visit the relevant Web pages of the universities. Here you will find specific information concerning the admission.

Application Freie Universität Berlin

Application Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin

Application Universitätsmedizin Berlin Charité

The deadline for your Studienkolleg application is August 20 (for the external Assessment Exam March 15). You apply via uni-assist. It is not possible to apply for more than one university, as the above-mentioned universities share one Studienkolleg.

It is not possible to apply directly to the Freie Universität Studienkolleg. You need to apply for the study programme you wish to study via uni-assist. Uni-assist will check the submitted university entrance qualifications in accordance with your application. If you do not have a direct university entrance qualification, uni-assist will check if your eligibility to Studienkolleg is sufficient.

The Studienkollegcourses begin in September. There is no application possible for the Summer Semester.

With your application you have to send in an adequate school leaving certificate as well as proof of German skills (DSH-1, TestDaF level 3 in all four examination parts, a graded B2 certificate of the CEF (for Humboldt-Universität you need a certificate that you passed the test), evaluation test C1 of the CEF, participation in C1-course of the CEF). If you fulfil the requirements, you will be invited to take an Entry Test (Scholastic Assessment Test) which is held in Berlin.

For an admission to the Economics Course (W-Kurs) you should exhibit relevant English language skills on a B1 level (completed). A lower language level could affect your studies success.

If you want to visit Berlin to take the relevant Entry Test for the Studienkolleg, you can apply for a Visa for Study Applicants. You will need a confirmation of application, which is issued by Uni-Assist. This Visa is valid for three months and can be converted into a permit of residence for study purposes. Language course Visas will only be issued for the time period of the Course and cannot be converted into a permit of residence.

If you do not want to take part in the courses of the Studienkolleg, you can take the assessment test externally. However, the number of participants is limited due to the capacities of the Studienkolleg. The application is handled by www.uni-assist.de until March 15 each year, for the upcoming Summer Semester. A language certificate concerning relevant German skills on a C1 level (completed) is required for the application. If all documents are completed and handed in on time, you will be invited to take the language Test, which will examine your German language skills. Subsequently you will be admitted to take the Assessment Exam, if the required language skills are proven.

If your school leaving certificate qualifies you to apply directly for a degree program, you will not be admitted to the Studienkolleg.

Obligatory full-time education and only a few weeks for school holidays do not allow regular jobbing during your studies at the Studienkolleg.

Successful completion of the Studienkolleg does not guarantee admission to a degree program. Since admission is mostly competitive, only the best candidates will be admitted.

Application via uni-assist

For questiones regarding application and admission please contact:

Info-Service Studium
Phone: +49 (0)30 838-70000 or +49 (0)30 838-77770
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9 am - 5 pm; Friday: 9 am - 3 pm

Enrolment & Fees (only available in German)