We are glad to assist you with any questions you may have regarding studying at Freie Universität. Whether you are unsure whether to study a certain subject, or where and what to study, or whether you are missing certain prerequisites, wonder about your chances of admission, are having difficulties getting your bearings when you start a new program, have chosen the wrong subjects, are having trouble coordinating your combination of subjects, are looking for alternatives to withdrawing from your studies, want to explore the pros and cons of a second program, or have run into trouble negotiating bureaucratic hurdles – whatever you need to talk about, we are here to help!
The general Academic Advising of Freie Universität offers a number of different ways to obtain information yourself, along with opportunities for informational and advising discussions. You can contact the Info-Service Studium of Freie Universität by phone, e-mail, or mail, or in person. If your request cannot be finally resolved by the Info-Service Studium, you will be referred to a qualified counterpart in the respective department.
- Contact information for the general Academic Advising service
- inFU.tage informational events for secondary school students (in German)
- Uni im Gespräch discussion series (for prospective students, every Wednesday at 6:00 p.m.) (in German)
- FUSS - Freie Universität Students and Schools
- Our current events
- e-Studieneinstieg (electronic academic program start) at Freie Universität Berlin (e-learning project)
- Study programs
- Studying at Freie Universität Berlin
Links about studying
- Higher education institutions in Germany
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- The Studierendenwerk Berlin
- Database of foreign university entrance qualification (in German)
The Center for Academic Advising and Psychological Counseling cooperates with many other advising bodies within and outside of the university, particularly with the Career Service, the career counseling team (Berufsberatung) and the Dual Career & Family Service.