Register now: Emerging Researchers’ Conference “Building Digital Bridges and Exploring the SDG Discourse”
Take your chance to participate in our Emerging Researchers' Conference 2022.
News from Sep 01, 2022
This year the University Alliance for Sustainability will dedicate its annual conference (earlier: Spring Campus) to newcomers, to young researchers who aspire to make the world a better place. For this, a promising exchange of ideas between actors from the UAS and the Una Europa Alliance will be facilitated throughout this digital Emerging Researcher’s conference. Both alliances serve as a platform for sustainability in research. This joint conference aims to inspire networking among young researchers and support their future careers.
Join the discussion and register for our online events:
November 1-9, 2022: Emerging Researchers Conference 2022: Building Digital Bridges and Exploring the SDG Discourse
Pre-Event: Sustainability at Freie Universität Berlin and the Sustainable Campus Tour (November 1, 4.00-6.00 p.m. CET)
Workshop: “Transdisciplinary perspectives on sustainable development research” (November 2, 4.00-6.00 p.m. CET)
Closing Evening Event (November 9, 4.00-6.00 p.m. CET)
Apply now! (open to PhD researchers)
November 3, 2022: Public Roundtable Event: Digitalization and other Megatrends. Research Practices and Sustainable Development Goals.
Online panel discussion with the leading question: „How to govern the process of digitalization to make it work within the framework of sustainability?“ (November 3, 4.00-6.00 p.m. CET)
We will invite diverse experts to a panel discussion on sustainability and digitalization:
- Digitalization and Sustainability as Global Megatrend (Dr. Berthold Kuhn and his Co-author Dimitrios Margellos)
- Digital Reset. Redirecting Technologies for the Deep Sustainability Transformation (Dr. Steffen Lange)
- Shaping the Digitization of Industry in a Social-ecological Way (Dr. Grischa Beier)
- Sustainability and Platformization of Urban Life (Dr. Sybille Bauriedl)
- During the event, research practices and methods in our current times, the Information Age, will be discussed. The discussion aims at reflecting the opportunities and challenges of digitalization in the context of the SDGs. Moreover, the participants will have the opportunity to meet the authors of the book “Global Perspectives on Megatrends”. They will share background information on the making of that book.
Register now! (open to the general public)
Any questions? Contact us.