German citizens do not require a visa for a stay lasting up to three months. For longer periods it is recommended to apply for a student visa at the Israeli embassy before you leave. The processing time is usually around two weeks. To apply for a visa you need the following documents:
- Your passport, which should be valid for at least six months after the end of your stay in Israel.
- A German residence permit valid for at least six months (for non-German citizens).
- Application form (Antragsformular A), completed in full and signed
- A current passport-sized photo (5 x 5 cm!) – write your name and surname on the back
- A photograph of your invitation to the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- A doctor’s assessment of your health (form for doctors)
- Proof of travel medical insurance
- Written proof of how you will finance yourself during your stay in Israel (scholarship documents, bank statements, guarantees, etc.)
- € 43 application fee. Transfer the money to the account listed below and attach to your passport a receipt showing the transfer. Do not send cash or cheques.
- A self-addressed envelope franked for € 4, or
- In the case of a personal application made at the consulate, please pay in person with an EC-Card
Payments for consulate services are to be made to the following account:
Account holder: Botschaft des Staates Israel, Bank: Deutsche Bank
IBAN: DE 47 1007 0000 0067 6114 00, BIC: DEUTDEBBXXX
Payment description (“Verwendungszweck”): Visa, Name, Passport number