Springe direkt zu Inhalt

How do I extend my visa?

  • Whilst citizens of Israel and the USA only require a visa if staying in Germany longer than 90 days, those from Hong Kong require one to enter the country.
  • Student visas issued by the German embassy in Hong Kong are personal and valid for at least 90 days.

A student visa can be extended at the Foreigners’ Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde) at Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24 on presentation of proof of your status as student and proof of a blocked account containing a budget of € 670 per month.