CfAs: FSGS and EXC 2020 PhD Opportunities
The Friedrich Schlegel Graduate School, partly with the EXC 2020 "Temporal Communities", offers various positions for students interested in pursuing a PhD.
- up to 3 project scholarships with a duration of 9 months to supports students in applying for external scholarships
- up to 5 PhD spots with a duration of 3 to 4 years for people with an existing external scholarship
- (if funds are approved) 2 DAAD scholarships for international students of German Studies who live abroad or came to Germany no earlier than 2020. The duration of these scholarships will be 4 years.
- 5 positions as research assistants at EXC 2020 "Temporal Communities" / PhD students at FSGS (TV-L FU E13, 50%, 3 years) in the following projects:
- "Arts of Memory" (supervisor: Prof. Dr. Anita Traninger)
- "Visuelle Übersetzungen - Materielle Transformationen " (supervisor: Prof. Dr. Karin Gludovatz)
- "Imperial Fictions" (supervisor: Prof. Dr. Andrew James Johnston)
- "Dialoge von Zeit zu Zeit. Übersetzung und literarische Mehrsprachigkeit" (supervisor: Prof. Dr. Cornelia Ortlieb)
- "Studying Academic Discussions on the Art of Poetry in Late Renaissance Florence" (supervisor: Prof. Dr. Ulrike Schneider)
- 1 position as research assistant (TV-L FU E13, 50%, 3 Jahre) at EXC 2020 "Temporal Communities" in combination with a PhD position at FSGS or GSNAS within one of the reearch areas 1 to 4 (own project)
More information can be found here.