Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Berlin Immigration Office (Landesamt für Einwanderung)

Berlin Immigration Office (Landesamt für Einwanderung)

If you do not have a passport from an EU member state and you plan to stay in Germany for more than three months, you will need to apply for a residence permit at the local immigration office. You can schedule an appointment yourself. Further information can be found on the Berlin Immigration Office website, or you can contact Freie Universität’s International Affairs directly at pass-service@fu-berlin.de or academic-relations@international.fu-berlin.de 

Applications for a residence permit can only be submitted within the six weeks just before your prior permit expires.

For the application you will need to provide the following documents:

  • A completed application form (application for a temporary residence permit/granting a residence permit)
  • A valid passport
  • Employment agreement/statement of intent
  • A biometric passport photo
  • Proof of health insurance
  • Proof that you are financially self-supporting (e.g., employment agreement)
  • Rental agreement and proof of monthly rental costs
  • Proof of main residence in Berlin

Please note that the online appointments fill up months in advance. Please schedule an appointment as early as possible. To check current availability, please visit the Berlin Immigration Office website.


Contact Passport Service at Freie Universität Berlin

Herr Juhász
14195 Berlin 

E-Mail: pass-service@fu-berlin.de
Tel.: 030 – 838 -57304        

Office hours
Thursdays 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.