Five Tiburtius Prizes for Dissertations at Freie Universität Berlin
Economist Dr. Ilias Danatzis Won First Prize
№ 324/2018 from Nov 16, 2018
Five Tiburtius Prizes for outstanding doctoral dissertations at the Berlin universities this year went to scholars and scientists at Freie Universität. The economist Dr. Ilias Danatzis at the Marketing Department won the first prize for his thesis “Enabling and Assessing Resource Integration in Multi-Actor Service Processes: An Investigation across Different Perspectives and Levels of Aggregation.” The first prize includes 4,000 euros. Legal scholar Dr. Christopher Schoenfleisch was awarded third place for his dissertation “Integration through Coordination? Legal Issues of Policy Coordination Exemplified by National Economic Policies” and will receive 1,500 euros. The second prize and 2,500 euros will be awarded to the neurophysiologist Dr. med. Yangfan Peng from Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin. The award ceremony will take place on December 18, 2018, at Technische Universität Berlin.
Several scholars and scientists at Freie Universität were awarded an honorable mention. They will each receive 500 euros:
- Dr. Sarah Maria Bruhs, Management Department, School of Business and Economics: “Governance of Concurrent Sourcing: Theoretical Advancements and Empirical Evidence”
- Dr. Feliks Nüske, Institute of Mathematics, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science: “The Variational Approach to Conformational Dynamics”
- Dr. Vincent Pohl, Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy: “Electronic Motion in Molecular Systems: From the Hydrogen Molecular Ion to Nanostructures”
The Tiburtius Prize was named after Professor Joachim Tiburtius, who was the Berlin Senator for Public Education from 1951 to1963. It is awarded annually by the rectors and presidents of the Berlin universities for outstanding master’s theses and doctoral dissertations. This year three master’s theses and three doctoral dissertations won awards, and there were three honorable mentions.
Time and Location of the Award Ceremony
- Tuesday, December 18 at 4 p.m.
- Technische Universität Berlin, Main Building, Senate Meeting Room, Straße des 17. Juni 135, 10623 Berlin
Dr. K. Schrüfer, Office, Selection Board, Tiburtius Prize, Freie Universität Berlin, Tel.: +49 30 838-73640, Email: email@example.com