Lecture Hall as World Cup Stadium
All matches of the German National Soccer Team to be broadcast live on the campus of Freie Universität
№ 113/2018 from May 24, 2018
Whenever the German national soccer team plays in the World Cup in Russia, up to 500 fans will be able to watch the game live on a big screen in the Rost- und Silberlaube building on Freie Universität’s Dahlem campus. Freie Universität Berlin will be showing all three preliminary round matches of the German national team in Lecture Hall 1a. Games in the knockout round with German participation will also be shown there. The transmissions are being made possible by teams from the Engineering and Utilities Division, Media Technology, and the University Sports Center of Freie Universität Berlin.
This year’s World Cup will begin June 14 in Moscow with the opening match being hosted by Russia against Saudi Arabia. The championship game will be held in Moscow on July 15. The German national team will enter the tournament on June 17, trying to defend their 2014 world champion title.
Times and Locations
- Preliminary round matches in Group F:
- Sunday, June 17, 2018, kick-off 5 p.m. - Germany vs. Mexico
- Saturday, June 23, 2018, kick-off 8 p.m. - Germany vs. Sweden
- Wednesday, June 27, 2018, kick-off 4 p.m. - Germany vs. South Korea
- Freie Universität, Rost- und Silberlaube, Lecture Halll 1a, Habelschwerdter Allee 45, 14195 Berlin; subway station: Dahlem-Dorf or Freie Universität/Thielplatz (U3).
Christian Mundhenk, Director, University Sports Center, Freie Universität Berlin, Königin-Luise-Straße 47, 14195 Berlin, Tel: +49 30 838 59334, Email: email@example.com