Prominent Chemists on Campus
Chemistry Faculty Congress from March 11 to 13 in Henry Ford Building at Freie Universität / Invitation to Press Conference
№ 27/2013 from Feb 26, 2013
The speakers will also include George M. Whitesides, who was granted an honorary doctorate from Freie Universität in October 2012, and the publisher of the Frankfurter Allgemeinen Zeitung, Frank Schirrmacher, who will give a talk on "Language, Media, and Science" (in German).
A press conference will be held by the GDCh on March 12 at 1 p.m., where there will be an opportunity for questions such as the role of chemistry in society. The panel discussants will include the Nobel laureates Hoffmann and Zewail, the GDCh president, Barbara Albert, and a member of the board of trustees of Angewandte Chemie, François Diederich.
The symposium is fully booked, but will be transmitted online at no charge. Advance registration is required: http://c64691.workcast.net/angewandte_mar12_2013.html
Time and Location
- Chemistry Faculty Congress, March 11 to 13, 2013; Symposium Celebrating 125 years of Angewandte Chemie on March 12, 2013
- Press conference on March 12, 2013, at 1 p.m. (Assembly Hall of the Academic Senate, 2nd floor)
- both in the Henry Ford Building, Freie Universität Berlin, Garystraße 35, 14195 Berlin
- Dipl.-Chem. Achim Wiedekind, Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Freie Universität, Tel.: +49 30 838-55462, Email: email@example.com
- Please address interview requests and RSVP for the presse conference to: Dr. Renate Hoer, Public Relations for the GDCh, Tel.: +49 69 79 17-493. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.gdch.de/cdt2013
- Program and more information about the Chemistry Faculty Congress: www.cdt2013.fu-berlin.de