Tracking Down Medicinal Plants and Natural Products
International Congress at Freie Universität Berlin from August 29 to September 1
№ 263/2010 from Aug 26, 2010
One of the world’s most important meetings of scientists studying medicinal plants and conducting natural product research will be convened from August 29 to September 1, 2010, at Freie Universität Berlin. Roughly 900 participants from 70 countries are expected to attend. The Congress will focus on the increasing possibilities of the use of herbal products for the prophylaxis and treatment of diseases. The presymposium, the 7th Tannin Conference, will deal with, among other issues, polyphenols in health care and food supplements. Polyphenols are found in almost all plants and fruits.
The specific objective of the congress will be to promote dialogue and the exchange of medical practices and resources of modern and traditional nations. The congress is being organized by the Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research, the largest international scientific organization for the discipline. The congress is also the 58th annual meeting of the Society and is convening for the first time since 1964 in Berlin along with the 7th Tannin Conference.
- Prof. Dr. Matthias F. Melzig, Institute of Pharmacy, Freie Universität Berlin
Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 838-51451, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Dr. Herbert Kolodziej, Institute of Pharmacy, Freie Universität Berlin
Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 838-53731, Email: email@example.com
Time and Place:
- Henry Ford Building, Freie Universität Berlin, Garystraße 35, 14195 Berlin
- The presymposium starts on August 29, 2010, 9 a.m.
- The international congress will run from August 30, 9 a.m., through September 1, 2010.