Vernissage at Confucius-Institute at Freie Universität Berlin
Painting Exhibition – Impressions of China by Ekkehard Stoevesand
№ 219/2009 from Aug 25, 2009
On September 2 at 6:00 p.m. the Confucius-Institute at Freie Universität is hosting a vernissage for the exhibition "Reflections" by Ekkehard Stoevesand. The exhibition will be open until October 8. The paintings by the Berlin artist are impressions of his most recent stays in Beijing and Tianjin.
Ekkehard Stoevesand studied sculpture from 1968 to 1974 at Berlin University of the Arts. From 1974 to 1977 he studied painting at Hannover Academy of Fine Arts while working as an art teacher in Celle. Since then he has been living and working as a freelance artist in Berlin and, in recent years, increasingly in China. He has had numerous solo exhibitions throughout Germany and abroad. In 2000 he had his first experience teaching in China as a visiting professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Tianjin. Since then he has been in China often. The paintings on display at the Confucius-Institute reflect his impressions during his most recent teaching assignments in Beijing and Tianjin.
Dates and Location:
- Vernissage: Wednesday, September 2, 6:00 p.m.
- Exhibition: September 3 – October 8, 2009; Mondays – Thursdays, 2 – 6 p.m.
- Confucius-Institute at Freie Universität Berlin, Goßlerstr. 2-4, 14195 Berlin-Dahlem
For further information, please contact:
- Dagmar Yu-Dembski, Managing Director of the Confucius-Institute at Freie Universität Berlin, Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 838 - 7 28 81 (Tuesdays)
- Nathalie van Looy, Assistant to the Director of the Confucius-Institute at Freie Universität Berlin, Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 838 - 7 28 84 (Mondays and Wednesdays)