- A dynamic, multicultural, Central European metropolis with 3.4 million inhabitants
- A rich and dramatic past, spanning many centuries and the ups and downs of German history
- A spectacular diversity of cultural offerings, featuring countless museums and world-renowned orchestras, opera houses, and theaters
- Ample recreational opportunity in parks, forests, and at the area's many lakes
- A first-class public transportation network, plus convenient access to various destinations in Germany and throughout (Central) Europe
- A vibrant night-life, producing a "city that never sleeps"