Einstein Center Digital Future and Daimler to Host 24-hour Hackathon November 24-25
№ 301/2017 from Nov 01, 2017
The Einstein Center Digital Future Berlin and the Daimler company are holding a hackathon on urban mobility on Friday, November 24, and Saturday, November 25, in Berlin. The 24-hour hackathon is part of a worldwide series of events organized by Daimler's DigitalLife Campus. The word "hackathon" was created from "to hack" in the sense of exploratory programming and "marathon." On Thursday, November 23, there will be an introductory evening for the teams. The hackathon is being held at the Einstein Center Digital Future Berlin (ECDF). Students enrolled in relevant subjects, such as computer science, business informatics, engineering, UX design, or business development and/or have knowledge about health care, mobility, logistics, energy, and other related fields may apply until November 12 to take part. It is aimed primarily at students from the institutions participating in ECDF: Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, and Technische Universität Berlin.
Teams of up to five people will develop and implement prototype urban mobility solutions within 24 hours. Under the motto "Urbanization meets Digitalization" key mobility trends of the future will be explored. The teams will provide solutions to the following types of questions: How can we combine current solutions to fulfill the exact mobility need? How can we use synergies between the flow of people and goods? How can we make use of infrastructural changes like 5G to bring mobility to the next level? And how can we create answers to questions that relate to health and mobility in a future city? Prizes will be awarded for the teams with the best solutions; one prize is an invitation to the Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona.
Information about the Hackathon, DigitalLife Campus, and application procedure:
Time and Location
- Friday, November 24, 2017 (starting at 11:00 a.m.) and Saturday, November 25, 2017 (ending at 3:30 p.m.)
- Einstein Center Digital Future Berlin, Robert-Koch-Forum, Wilhelmstraße 67, 10117 Berlin
More Information and Interviews
- Prof. Dr. Martin Gersch, Freie Universität Berlin and Einstein Center Digital Future, Tel.: +49 30 838-53300, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jun.-Prof. Dr. Christian Meske, Freie Universität Berlin and Einstein Center Digital Future. Tel.: +49 30 838-53690, Email: email@example.com
- Oliver Wihofszki, Daimler AG, Tel.: +49 711 17-40650, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org