Seven researchers from four disciplines are taking a closer look at the relationship between the EU and its citizens. What role do shared values have developing a European identity? Once the Treaty of Lisbon entered into force, did it give EU citizens more rights? How does exchange take place between politicians and the community? The Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence addresses issues such as these. Researchers at the Centre also address current issues such as the future of the eurozone and European Community law. The conference will serve as a platform to discuss the findings of the Jean Monnet Centre with representatives from academia, government, and civil society.
The following academic members of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence will give presentations:
- Prof. Dr. Tanja A. Börzel (Academic Coordinator, Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence and Director, Center for European Integration, Freie Universität)
- Prof. Dr. Carina Sprungk (Junior Professor of European Integration, Ad Personam Jean Monnet Chair, Freie Universität Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Gerhards (Chair of Macrosociology, Freie Universität Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Philipp Engler (Junior Professor of Monetary Macroeconomics, Freie Universität Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Risse (Head, Center for Transnational Relations, Foreign and Security Policy, Freie Universität Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Christian Calliess (Professor of Public Law and European Law, Ad Personam Jean Monnet Chair, Freie Universität Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Pfetsch (Director, Division of Communication Theory and Media Effects)
Time and Location
- July 5, 2012, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Freie Universität Berlin, Seminar Center, Silberlaube (ground floor), Otto-von-Simson-Str. 26, 14195 Berlin
- subway station: Thielplatz or Dahlem Dorf (U3)
Please register by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 29.