During the workshop, Chen Jianghong will present techniques and motifs of Chinese ink painting, one of the oldest art forms in the world. He will thus allow the workshop participants to participate in the creation of his art. After his presentation the participants will have an opportunity to practice the motifs and Chinese characters themselves and will be able to take home their own work of art.
Chen Jianghong was born in 1963 and studied art in Tianjin and Beijing. Since 1987 he has been working as a freelance artist in Paris and has published numerous children’s books. His work has gained international attention. Chen has received many awards in Germany, e.g., the German Youth Literature Award (2005), the Pied Piper Award for Literature (2006), and the Luchs Book Selection for Children and Young Adults Award (2006).
- The number of participants is limited to ten. Advance registration is required by August 23: www.konfuziusinstitut-berlin.de (see Workshops). Any questions, please call +49 (0)30 / 838-728 84.
Vernissage and Reception:
- Wednesday, August 25, 2010, 6 p.m.
- Confucius Institute, Freie Universität Berlin, Reception room, Goßlerstr. 2–4, 14195 Berlin
Drawing and Painting Workshop
- Saturday, August 28, 2010, 2–5 p.m.
- Confucius Institute, Freie Universität Berlin, Room 203, Goßlerstr. 2–4, 14195 Berlin
More Information Online
www.konfuziusinstitut-berlin.de (see Ausstellungen)