Call for Applications: Academics in Solidarity Network Conference 2020
The deadline for submitting paper and panel proposals has been extended until 24 June 2020.
News from Jun 12, 2020
This year Academics in Solidarity (AiS) will organize its annual Network Conference in cooperation with German-Jordanian University, Yarmouk University, EDU-SYRIA, GIZ, and UNHCR. The conference, titled “Protracted Displacement: Hopes, Perspectives, and Solutions? Governance – Social Dimension – Academia”, will take place online on 18-20 October 2020.
The Call for Applications is now open and we invite everyone interested to submit a paper or panel proposal in the following areas via the conference website:
- Current Displacement Situation in the Middle East
- Conflict Solution and Reconciliation as Prerequisite
- Reconstruction of Education and Research Structures in Syria
- Repatriation Services
- Resettlement Practice
- Displaced Scholars and Students and their Reintegration into the Higher Education System in Host Countries
- Social Cohesion and Security
- Infrastructure and Services
- Protection of Children Families and Women
- Health and Psychosocial Support
- Labor Market Integration and Social Benefits
- The Role of Social Work
- Past Situations of Protracted Displacement and Lessons to be Learned (Considering the areas of expertise, research and activities of the different partners, special and crosscutting focuses are Social Work and Higher Education)
Further information on the conference website here.
The Call for Applications may be found here.