Freie Universität Berlin


Service Navigation

Members of Leopoldina – the German National Academy of Sciences

The Leopoldina, the German National Academy of Sciences, was founded on January 1, 1652, as a private company under the name Academia Naturae Curiosorum. It is the oldest continuously existing academy of medicine and the natural sciences in the world. The Leopoldina was named the German Academy of Sciences in 2008.

Being elected a member of the Leopoldina - German National Academy of Sciences is viewed as one of the highest honors awarded by any German institution to individual scientists. The following scientists from Freie Universität Berlin have been accepted as members to date: