At the Public Economics institute of the School of Business & Economics, we particularly focus on the profound theoretical and empirical research of labor market and social policy topics (analysis of labor market reforms, the reform of the welfare state, education and family policy) as well as inequality and redistribution topics.
• Independent research in the field of Public Economics
• Teaching in the Public Economics Bachelor and Master study programs
• Supervision of Bachelor and Master theses in the field of Public Economics, mentoring of PhD candidates
• The work on the project entails the opportunity to earn scientific qualification.
Profound research skills demonstrated by a finished/completed doctorate by October 1, 2019, in the field of Public Economics
• Excellent academic performance
• Profound theoretical research skills in Public Economics, ideally in the field of tax theory (optimal direct taxation/international taxation) and/or Public Choice
• Interest in theoretical and empirical scientific work in the fields of taxes and/or political economy
• Sound command of German and English (spoken and written)
Please refer to Prof. Dr. Dr. Corneo or Prof. Dr. Ronnie Schöb for any further questions.
All application quoting the refrence code should be addressed as an e-mail to Cordula Arlinghaus-Budimir: email@example.com or posta to
Freie Universität Berlin
Frau Cordula Arlinghaus-Budimir
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)