The Berlin Mathematics Research Center MATH+ sets out to advance mathematics itself and its interdisciplinary power with the aim of achieving progress on grand challenges in a wide variety of application fields.
MATH+ will start with nine major units for project-oriented research: four Application Areas and five Emerging Fields. In both, mathematicians from a wide range of different disciplines collaborate – with each other and with leading researchers from diverse application fields as well as representatives from industry. These Research Units are complemented by Transfer Units designed for translational research. For further details please visit www.mathplus.de.
In the MATH+ project „Data-driven simulation from atoms to cells“ we set out to develop deep learning methods for the estimation and simulation of particle-based models in the molecular science and life science. The project is on the interface of machine learning and theoretical physics and will focus on the development of new theory and methods in this growing area.
MSc. or equivalent in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field
- Creative, ambitious and high work ethics.
- Ph.D. degree.
- Solid foundation in mathematics, statistics, numerical methods.
- Publication record in peer-reviewed journals or proceedings.
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in software development, especially Python.
- Experience in machine learning and deep learning, experience with relevant