Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften - Otto-Suhr-Institut für Politikwissenschaft Exzellenzcluster "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS)
Research assistant Wissensaustausch mit Politik (m/f/d) Full-time job limited to 1 year Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L FU Reference code: SCRIPTS_WiMi_KEL Politik
The Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS) is located at Freie Universität Berlin, in cooperation with the Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, the Hertie School, the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB), the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW), the German Institute for Global and Area Studies (GIGA), the Center for Eastern European and International Studies (ZOiS), and the Leibniz-Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO): http://www.scripts-berlin.eu .
The Cluster of Excellence SCRIPTS assesses contemporary challenges for liberal democracy and market economy from historical, global, and comparative perspectives. It brings together expertise in social sciences and area studies in Berlin, and collaborates with research institutions as well as political, cultural and civil society groups worldwide.
The Knowledge Exchange Lab (KEL) develops and coordinates the cluster’s activities with institutions in the field of politics, culture and society. Central to the work of KEL is the conceptualization and implementation of formats of knowledge exchange based on the cluster’s research agenda and its projects. Aside from the content-based, conceptual work, the responsibilities of KEL include organizing and conducting events aimed at academic and non- academic publics of varying outreach and thematic focus. To this end, the Knowledge Exchange Lab collaborates closely with SCRIPTS researchers, as well as external actors.
Taking part in conceptualizing and implementing formats of the Knowledge Exchange Lab in the “politics” area in cooperation with the team. This applies to existing formats as well as to new activities planned for 2022. Responsibilities include:
• supporting the cooperation with the Cluster’s research areas (Research Units, Junior Research Groups, International Research College etc.) to identify relevant topics and formats,
• involvement in the collaboration with the German Foreign Office in the subject areas "Future of the Liberal International Order", "World Society" und "Alternative Scripts"; support in identifying formats and subject areas relevant to knowledge exchange,
• engagement in conceptualization and implementation of the talk series "Future(s) of the Liberal International Order" and other existing formats in cooperation with the German Foreign Office
• conceptualization and implementation of knowledge exchange formats in cooperation with the 20th German Bundestag (specifically with the newly formed committees and / or the parliamentary society)
• conceptualization and implementation of knowledge exchange formats for the cluster’s regional conferences in Asia and Africa – possibly in cooperation with the respective regional offices of political foundations and / or the German representatives abroad (in coordination with the German Foreign Office)
• expansion of KEL’s cooperation with political foundations in Berlin, development and implementation of relevant formats and,
• elaboration of strategies to include “KEL Professional Fellows” (with a political background) in the cluster’s activities.
- M.A. Degree in Social Sciences or Area Studies
minimum one year of relevant work experience
- Relevant work experience in the areas of knowledge exchange and / or practical politics
- excellent knowledge of German political institutions, the German foundation system and the political landscape
- excellent knowledge of the cluster’s research topics
- very good theoretical and methodological knowledge in the Social Sciences or Area Studies
- very good command of the English language
- strong communicative skills
For further information, please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org / 030 838 72436 ).
Stellenausschreibung vom: 04.10.2021