Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften - Otto-Suhr-Institut für Politikwissenschaft Exzellenzcluster "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS)
Research assistant für den Bereich Wissensaustausch Kultur (m/f/d) 1/2-part-time job limited to 1 year Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L FU Reference code: SCRIPTS WiMi KEL Kultur 2021
The Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS) is located at Freie Universität Berlin, in cooperation with the Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, the Hertie School, the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB), the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW), the German Institute for Global and Area Studies (GIGA), the Center for Eastern European and International Studies (ZOiS), and the Leibniz-Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO): http://www.scripts-berlin.eu .
The Cluster of Excellence SCRIPTS assesses contemporary challenges for liberal democracy and market economy from historical, global, and comparative perspectives. It brings together expertise in social sciences and area studies in Berlin, and collaborates with research institutions as well as political, cultural and civil society groups worldwide.
The Knowledge Exchange Lab (KEL) develops and coordinates the cluster’s activities with institutions in the field of politics, culture and society. Central to the work of KEL is the conceptualization and implementation of formats of knowledge exchange based on the cluster’s research agenda and its projects. Aside from the content-based, conceptual work, the responsibilities of KEL include organizing and conducting events aimed at academic and non- academic publics of varying outreach and thematic focus. To this end, the Knowledge Exchange Lab collaborates closely with SCRIPTS researchers, as well as external actors.
Taking part in conceptualizing and implementing formats of the Knowledge Exchange Lab in the “culture” area in cooperation with the team. This applies to existing formats as well as to new activities planned for 2022. Responsibilities include:
- support in the collaboration with the Cluster’s research areas (Research Units, Junior Research Groups, International Research College etc.) to identify relevant topics and formats,
- support of the conceptualization and implementation (esp. the talk series "Futuring the Liberal Script” and “the Liberal Script in Perspective”)
- maintenance of SCRIPTS’ scientific representation in the exhibition “After Nature” in the Humboldt Labor (Humboldt Forum) and conceptualization and joint implementation of formats of knowledge transfer
- expansion of KEL’s cooperation with the “Haus der Kulturen der Welt” (HKW) in Berlin, development and implementation of relevant formats and events
- conceptualization and implementation of knowledge exchange formats in cooperation with the theatres “Maxim Gorki” and “Hebbel am Ufer” (HAU)
- elaboration and implementation of formats of visualizing scientific output for civil society outreach
M.A. degree in the Humanities, cultural-, social or regional studies
Minimum one year of relevant work experience
- experience in culture management, excellent knowledge of Berlin’s cultural landscape and exchange formats between culture and academia
- affinity towards the contemporary, international culture scene, experience in project coordination, experience in public relations and editing, online affinity
- very good knowledge of the English language
- very good communication skills, intercultural competence
- capacity for teamwork
- high resilience
- negotiation skills on an international level´
For further information, please contact (email@example.com/ 030 838 72436 ).
Stellenausschreibung vom: 04.10.2021